Irene is currently the General Counsel and Head Legal Services Department of The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
She is a hardworking, committed, passionate and dedicated person, known for excellent analytical skills, extreme attention to details, and thoroughness. She is also very customer-centric and strives to keep abreast of technological advancements and developments not only in her profession but also in whichever business she serves. Her tenets are: to be God-fearing, consistent, driven, honest, full of integrity and excellence oriented.
She has both in her personal capacity and as the Head of the Legal Team won a couple of national and regional legal awards that include:
- Nigerian Rising Stars Award for Top 40, Under 40 Lawyers Who Would Shape The Legal Profession at the 2016 Nigerian Legal Awards,
- Winner In-House Capital Market Team of the Year – 2016 and 2017 Esq Nigerian Legal Awards,
- Winner IT and Telecoms Team of the year – 2017 Esq Nigerian Legal Awards,
- Finalist for the In-House Legal Team of the Year (Large) – 2017 and 2018 African Legal Awards,
- Finalist for the In-House Legal Team of the Year for the 2017 and 2018 Law Digest African Awards