Legally Engaged is committed to providing accessible, downright and honest advice on the legal profession in Nigeria. Accordingly, the Legally Engaged Mentorship Programme (LEMP) is a nine-month mentoring programme which connects law students and young lawyers with successful legal practitioners who can provide them with information and guidance on a one-on-one basis.
LEMP seeks to accomplish the following:
- offer insight into the legal profession through interaction with successful lawyers;
- provide student mentees with a lawyer’s perspective on converting academic and
- theoretical concepts to real legal and business solutions;
- introduce mentees to corporate and legal protocol;
- provide mentees with answers to burning personal questions about university, law
- school and the legal profession in general;
- provide mentees with access to a qualified lawyer that can act as a sounding board
- in the face of critical career and academic decisions;
- demonstrate to mentees, the value of networking and developing professional
- relationships; and
- expose mentees to new realms of possibilities in their legal careers.
Please click here to view profiles of our mentors.
To apply, click here.